US: Anheuser-Busch guarantees no closures for five years
Anheuser-Busch has promised its workers in the US that its breweries in the country will not be closed in the next five years.
The guarantee, announced yesterday (6 November) by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, represents the first agreement between A-B and the workers' representative body since InBev's proposed acquisition was unveiled earlier this year.
The assurance covers A-B's 12 breweries in the US.
"American-made beer, especially a hallmark brand such as Anheuser-Busch, needs to succeed in America," said Teamsters' general president, Jim Hoffa. "Our members, by ratifying a new collective bargaining agreement, will be a critical reason for that success."
The Teamsters organisation represents 6,500 workers at A-B's breweries across the US.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Stella Artois lager is to become the official beer sponsor of the 2009 James Beard Foundation Media Awards....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of a 19.9% stake in Chinese brewer Tsingtao to Japan's Asahi for US$667m....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is in discussions with US television network NBC over its sponsorship of Olympics coverage, but the brewer has declined to comment on reports that it is to cut spending....
Anheuser-Busch InBev'S board of directors have approved a 2008 shareholder dividend of EUR0.28 (US$.35) per share, the brewer has announced....
Private equity group Kohlberg, Kravis Roberts has won the bidding battle for Anheuser-Busch InBev's Oriental Brewery in South Korea, according to a report....
Lotte Group has confirmed that it is no longer in the bidding race for Anheuser-Busch InBev subsidiary Oriental Brewery, according to a report....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is set to be the subject of an investigation into unfair practices against its suppliers in Belgium, according to local reports....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?