USA: Anheuser-Busch Environmental, Health and Safety Report Takes to the Web, Highlights Company's Achievements
The report, which highlights Anheuser-Busch's progress in promoting excellence in these areas, focuses on the company's employee efforts, community efforts, and contractor/supplier/customer efforts.
By visiting Anheuser-Busch's environmental website, www.abenvironment.com , visitors can learn that:
- Anheuser-Busch Recycling Corporation is the world's largest recycler of aluminum cans, recycling the equivalent of more than 130 percent of the beer cans sold by Anheuser-Busch. This is more than 20 billion cans (685 million pounds) based on 1999 figures.
- Injuries among employees have been reduced by 81 percent and loss work days reduced by 78 percent between 1991 and 1999.
- Anheuser-Busch has promoted energy and water conservation so successfully, that utility costs in 1999 were equal to those in 1995 -- $261 million -- while sales increased by more than 11 percent.
- Solid waste sent to landfills in the past nine years has decreased by more than 60 percent per dollar of sales.
- Anheuser-Busch has received more than 100 awards for environmental, health and safety excellence, including the Ron Brown Award for Corporate Leadership -- a presidential award given in recognition of the company's environmental and conservation programs and initiatives.
- Innovest, an organization that provides environmental performance information to the investment community, awarded Anheuser-Busch its highest rating for environmental performance.
- The Council on Economic Priorities, a public service research organization that analyzes and reports on the social and environmental records of corporations, also awarded Anheuser-Busch its highest rating in the environmental disclosure category.
J. William Sugar, senior director for Environmental Affairs at Anheuser- Busch, said these accomplishments continue to build on "Anheuser-Busch's tradition of quality, innovation, continuous improvement, and responsible conduct."
In addition to further information on Anheuser-Busch's EHS performance, visitors to the site will learn about the company's overall commitment, from the important work conducted by our Sea World and Busch Gardens parks, to our support of various environmental and conservation organizations. While touring the site, visitors can also take the Envirochallenge Quiz to check their knowledge of interesting and fun environmental facts.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China's largest brewer Tsingtao Brewery has reported a 16.4% jump in net profit for the year to Y285m, according to local reports....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research