INDIA: Anheuser-Busch denies Indian investment
Anheuser-Busch has quashed rumours that it has decided to invest in another brewery in India.
Speaking to just-drinks today (17 August), the US brewer denied speculation that it was planning to build a second brewery. "While Anheuser-Busch is continually evaluating opportunities for growth in international markets, no decision has been made on any additional investments in India," the company said.
Anheuser-Busch Asia Pacific operations president and CEO, Stephen Burrows, said: "In India, we are currently focusing on growing distribution for the Budweiser and Armstrong brands in key states in Southern and Western India. Since our launch in May, the brands have been well received by consumers."
The US brewer was recently reported to have been seeking 20 acres of land as the site for a new brewery in western Maharashtra state.
Anheuser-Busch has announced plans to launch a lime-infused extension to its Bud Light brand in the US....
Anheuser-Busch has sealed a three-year deal that will extend its relationship with US golfing event The PGA Tour....
Pernod Ricard was reported to have spent US$1.3m lobbying the US government on issues including trade with Cuba in the last year....
Grolsch has posted a strong set of results for 2007, despite a struggling performance in the UK, in its final full-year as an independent company....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Miller Brewing Co. has challenged Anheuser-Busch to match the wager placed on its Blue Deuce Miller Lite car finishing ahead of the Budweiser car in the final NASCAR Sprint Cup in the US....
Rumours have surfaced yet again that InBev and Anheuser-Busch are in talks over a possible merger....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady lift in sales and profit for 2007....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research