BELGIUM: Anheuser-Busch deal not at risk - InBev
Some analysts raised concerns last week that the deal, the biggest in brewing history and worth US$52bn, could be put at risk by a meltdown on financial markets, following the collapse of Lehman Brothers and emergency rescue deals for insurance giants AIG and HBOS.
But InBev, which completed the first phase of financing the takeover at the end of August, has reassured shareholders that the deal remains on-track.
It said that its financial backers for the deal "represent a very diversified group of strong banks, giving InBev access
to all significant capital markets".
The Belgium-based brewer said it expected to close the takoever by the end of the year.
InBev's major backers for the deal include Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of America, JP Morgan, BNP Paribas and Deutsche Bank.
Belgium-based beer giant Anheuser-Busch InBev saw its fourth-quarter profit plummet 95% yesterday (5 March), hurt by restructuring charges and poor beer sales. Michelle Russell looks at the reaction t...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has successfully defended its Stella Artois advert campaign in the UK, following an official complaint to the country's advertising watchdog....
Innovative Beverage Group has signed a distribution deal with long-time Anheuser-Busch partner, Arkansas Distribution Company....
The Lotte Group has dropped out of the race for Anheuser-Busch InBev's South Korean beer operations, Oriental Brewery, according to local reports....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed that it is bringing its sponsorship of the National Hot Rod Association in the US to a close....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the previously announced sale of its InBev USA business, to an affiliate of KPS Capital Partners, LP...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is consolidating its operations in the UK, with the appointment of the head of its combined UK and Ireland business....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets