USA: Anheuser-Busch Companies' Reduce, Reuse & Recycle Philosophy Ensures Every Day Is Earth Day
As the world celebrates the 30th anniversary of Earth Day on April 22, Anheuser-Busch Companies (A-B), the world's largest brewer, based in St. Louis, Mo., celebrates the 30th anniversary of its own environmental program: A Pledge & A Promise. The program, which began in 1970 when then-chairman August A. Busch, Jr. promised that Anheuser-Busch would use its resources to work for a quality environment, extends throughout all Anheuser-Busch operations and subsidiaries.Today, Chairman and CEO August A. Busch III has encouraged employees to remember -- both at work and at home -- that, "Our environmental philosophy is based on the belief that the world we all share is given to us in trust. Every choice we make regarding the earth, air, and water around us is made with the objective of preserving these resources for all generations to come."Recently released figures show that Anheuser-Busch employees have embraced the philosophy with open arms, as the following 1999 data indicate: A-B breweries recycled:Spent Grains 3.526 billion poundsGlass Cullet 83.7 million poundsCorrugated Cardboard 51.9 million poundsAluminum 3.8 million poundsScrap Metal 6.2 million poundsPlastic Strapping 1.6 million poundsOffice Paper 1.5 million poundsMiscellaneous materials 11.4 million pounds
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future