US: Anheuser-Busch begins work on Tangshan plant
Anheuser-Busch has begun work on its new brewery in the Fengnan District of Tangshan in the Hubei province of north-east China.
The new brewery, announced in March, will cost US$49m for the first phase of development and will replace a smaller brewery downtown.
The brewer said the investment is an effort to relocate industrial facilities outside the city and redevelop Tangshan "into a more residential and commercial area".
The new brewery, which will be built on a 160,000 square metre site, will have an initial production capacity of 3.1m hectolitres equal to 2.6m barrels, and is due to be fully built by the end of next year.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the pricing of its latest round of notes....
Rising costs have forced InBev Belgium, the local division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, to raise beer prices in the country, the brewer has said....
International spirits firms such as Diageo and Pernod Ricard face a tough year in China as an economic slowdown hits consumer confidence, the author of a new study in the country has told just-drinks....
The UK arm of Inbev has confirmed that it intends to close the Stag brewery in London, owned by recently-acquired Anheuser-Busch....
Doosan Corp's divestment of its liquor business will cost acquirer Lotte Group KRW503bn (US$383.5m), according to a recent filing....
The head of a US-based finance group has tipped Anheuser-Busch InBev to be a good bet for investors in 2009....
The husband of a senior executive at financial pr firm Brunswick Group has been formally charged with orhestrating an insider trading racket that included Anheuser-Busch shares....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research