USA: Anheuser-Busch Announces Record Sales and Earnings for the Second Quarter and First Six Months of 2000
Led by the combination of higher beer volume and increased revenue per barrel, Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc. (NYSE:BUD) achieved record sales and earnings for the second quarter and first six months of 2000, it was announced today by August A. Busch III, Chairman of the Board and President. Second quarter and first six months earnings per share were up 15.6 percent and 15.4 percent, respectively, compared to last year. "This is the seventh consecutive quarter of double-digit earnings per share growth for the company," said Mr. Busch. "With the strongest brand portfolio in the domestic beer industry, we are uniquely positioned to take advantage of continuing strong industry fundamentals. As a result, we continue to achieve significant increases in sales volume and revenue per barrel, resulting in accelerated earnings per share growth. For 2000, the company expects earnings per share growth in the 14 percent to 15 percent range. Longer term, we are confident in our ability to consistently achieve our double-digit earnings per share growth objective," said Mr. Busch. As a result of this positive earnings growth outlook and Anheuser- Busch's strong stock price performance, the company also announced today a two-for-one common stock split and a 10 percent increase in the quarterly dividend to 33 cents from 30 cents, payable in September. Domestic beer shipments increased 4.2 percent for the second quarter and 3.3 percent for the first six months of 2000, Mr. Busch said. Domestic sales to retailer volume was up 3.6 percent for the second quarter and 3.9 percent for the first six months of 2000. Volume growth was led by the Bud Family along with increased Michelob brand family sales. Domestic revenue per barrel grew 2.2 percent for the second quarter and first six months of 2000, compared to the same periods last year. The company's beer volume is summarized in the following table:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits