US: Anheuser-Busch agrees "tentative deal" with brewery workers' union
The US arm of the brewer has reached a "tentative agreement" with the union
Anheuser-Busch has reached a “tentative agreement” with brewery workers' union the International Brotherhood of Teamsters over a new five-year contract for employees at all 12 of its US facilities.
The US subsidiary of Belgium-headquartered Anheuser-Busch InBev said on Friday (21 March) that the agreement is subject to ratification by union members, with representatives finalising language in the new contracts. Talks between the two parties began at the end of last month.
In November, CLSA analyst Caroline Levy warned that the agreements could lead to higher costs for the brewer.
Last month, Anheuser-Busch announced it had agreed a deal to acquire Long Island-based craft brewer Blue Point Brewing Co.
Global beer market volume sales in 2014 were forecast to grow by 2%, according to Euromonitor International, primarily driven by the top five global brewers, which account for 48% of global sales....
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO has said he is confident the US beer market will continue to improve this year....
Beer in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
Beer in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research