US: Anheuser-Busch adds fruit to Michelob range
Anheuser-Busch has released three additions to its Michelob portfolio in the US.
Michelob Ultra Fruit Infused beers will be available in the country in three flavours - pomegranate raspberry, lime cactus and tuscan orange grapefruit - A-B confirmed yesterday (26 April). The 4.2% abv beers will be available in 12-bottle variety packs or single-flavour six-packs and are aimed to be paired with food.
Eduardo Pereda, director of Michelob Family at A-B, said: "Anheuser-Busch has had great success with Michelob Ultra and Michelob Ultra Amber and we wanted to provide consumers with a refreshing summertime offering."
The additions are available in the US off-trade from now until Labor Day at the beginning of September, the company said.
Earlier this week, A-B posted a 3.7% year-on-year lift in Q1 net income, which hit US$518m. Net sales for the three-month period edged up 2.7%, reaching $3.8bn.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Global brewers have stayed silent over their interest in the possible acquisition of Serbian brewery Pivara MB....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a boost in profit for its third quarter, on the back of a broader portfolio and high end beer sales....
The real "losers" in the battle between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle over their Eastern European brewing joint venture will be the shareholders of both companies, according to today's (25 Octobe...
Tsingtao Brewery has posted a huge leap in net profit in its third quarter....
Reports today (23 October) have suggested that Scottish & Newcastle's operations in India could prove a barrier to Carlsberg and Heineken succeeding in breaking up the UK-based brewer....
The Scottish & Newcastle rumour mill went into overdrive this weekend, with reports claiming the brewer is looking at ways to destroy any potential bid from Carlsberg and Heineken....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future