US: Angry Orchard, Budweiser Black Crown get distribution boost
The hard cider brand has benefited from strong distribution
Boston Beer Co's hard cider brand, Angry Orchard, saw the biggest jump in US on-trade distribution in the first half of 2013, followed by Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser Black Crown, according to latest figures.
Angry Orchard, launched last year, had a 15 percentage point gain in the number of restaurants and bars stocking the brand in the first six months of this year, tracking firm Guestmetrics reported today (8 August). Boston Beer Co said in May that its strong sales were partly driven by Angry Orchard.
Budweiser Black Crown's percentage gain was 11 points.
Third was another A-B InBev brand, Goose Island, acquired by the group in 2011, with a 9 percentage point gain in US outlets choosing to sell the beer.
Guestmetrics claimed that nearly all the share gains the brands saw in this year's first half were due to increased distribution.
"Changes in distribution coverage across full service restaurant and bars is one of the most important factors determining the success and failure in the beer category,” said Guestmetrics' CEO, Bill Pecoriello.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' management briefing for January, Euromonitor takes a look at what the year ahead has in store for the global brewing industry....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
AB InBev France SAS is strongly positioned in speciality, abbey-style dark beer in France and it is expected to maintain its stronghold in this category through innovation, continuing to launch new sp...
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in....
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future