AUS: Angove's sets out for India - report
Australian wine group Angove's has laid down plans to export its wine to India, with the first shipment going on sale in five-star hotels in Delhi, according to local press.
Asia Pulse news agency reported today (28 November) that a shipment of Angove's Vineyard Select, Stonegate and Chalk Hill Blue wines is expected to arrive in India by the end of this month.
The export will reportedly be handled by the joint Indian distribution network of Scottish whisky firm Glenfarclas and Spanish wine company Torres.
"There is growing demand in India for Australian wine, we are providing the market with an initial taste of what Angove's can offer and we are expecting further orders to follow," Angove's international business development manager, Victoria Angove, was quoted as saying.
Angove's said that, while the US and UK remain the dominant export destinations for its products, the company is also targeting emerging global markets.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014