AUS: Angove's sets out for India - report
Australian wine group Angove's has laid down plans to export its wine to India, with the first shipment going on sale in five-star hotels in Delhi, according to local press.
Asia Pulse news agency reported today (28 November) that a shipment of Angove's Vineyard Select, Stonegate and Chalk Hill Blue wines is expected to arrive in India by the end of this month.
The export will reportedly be handled by the joint Indian distribution network of Scottish whisky firm Glenfarclas and Spanish wine company Torres.
"There is growing demand in India for Australian wine, we are providing the market with an initial taste of what Angove's can offer and we are expecting further orders to follow," Angove's international business development manager, Victoria Angove, was quoted as saying.
Angove's said that, while the US and UK remain the dominant export destinations for its products, the company is also targeting emerging global markets.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research