CANADA: Andres set to buy Red Rooster
Andres Wines has a signed letter of intent to purchase the Red Rooster Winery. The transaction, financial details of which were not released, is expected to close at the end of this month.
Located in British Columbia, Canada, Red Rooster produces Vintners Quality Alliance (VQA) premium wines.
"We are very pleased to be adding this beautiful winery to our growing list of premium and ultra-premium brands," said Anthony Bristow, chief operating officer, in a statement yesterday (19 October). "The acquisition will enhance our presence in the important and growing BC wine industry. We're looking forward to sharing these great wines with wine enthusiasts across Canada."
"We are proud of our Red Rooster Winery, and transferring ownership to Andres is a major step for us," added Red Rooster co-founder Prudence Mahrer. "The team at Andres may think that they chose us, when in fact we chose them because we believe that they will hold true to the spirit of the winery."
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research