CANADA: Andres sells Cascadia spirits unit
Andres Wines has divested the recently-acquired spirits division of Cascadia Brands. The Canadian company said yesterday (10 November) that it has sold the division to Highwood Distillers of Calgary, Alberta for a price of approximately C$6m (US$5m).
Acquired by Andres in May, Cascadia, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, added a number of premium wines to the company's growing portfolio. "As one of Canada's largest producers of premium and ultra-premium wines, Cascadia's spirits brands were not a strategic fit," the company said.
Certain assets of Cascadia subsidiaries International Potters Distilling Corporation, Arctica Distilling Corporation and Cascadia Brands Inc will be purchased by Highwood, including the brands Potters premium vodka, Potters Special Old Canadian rye whisky, Potters Superior rum, Potters London dry gin, a line of liqueurs under the Abstract label and premium Canadian whisky under the Century Reserve label.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Pernod Ricard's £7.4 billion takeover of Allied Domecq is the biggest drinks deal since the Seagram sell-off, in which it also played a part, and means the acquisitive French conglomerate will double ...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Hayman Distillers is launching a sampling campaign for its gin liqueur, Hayman's 1820....
Driven on by what the company called a "remarkable start of year" for its Asia/ Rest of World business, Pernod Ricard today announced that its first quarter wine and spirit net sales had increase 7% o...
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed that it will make an offer for Allied Domecq this week, according to yesterday's press reports....
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research