CHILE: Andina toasts rising 2006 income
Embotelladora Andina has posted an impressive climb in net income for 2006.
The Chilean-based Coca-Cola Co. bottler said that net income for the year came in 30% higher than 2005 at US$139.7m.
While, in volume terms, sales registered a 6.6% rise on the year to 415.1m unit cases, sales value increased by 14.8% year-on-year to $1.02bn.
"We are very satisfied with and proud of the results obtained in 2006," said company CEO Jaime Garcia. "Our goals for 2007 will be focused on increasing volumes in the existing markets where Andina operates, as well as developing the non-carbonated product segment."
Andina has operations in Chile, Argentina and Brazil.
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to close a bottling unit in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has finally merged its German bottlers into one company....
The Coca-Cola Co. has appointed a new chief marketing and commercial officer....
Cadbury Schweppes has delayed the sale process for its US drinks business due to the current "extreme volatility" of the debt markets....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has posted a strong lift in second quarter operating profit....
Groupe Danone has declined to comment over recent speculation that it is looking at potential acquisitions within the Indian bottled water market....
PepsiCo has agreed to provide more information on the label of its Aquafina water brand regarding its source....
The Coca-Cola Co. has refused to comment on reports that it is to buy a stake in Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean operations....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends