CHILE: Andina Q1 volumes hit by Argentina
The Chilean bottler Andina announced yesterday that it expected a mixed bag of results in its first-quarter with soft-drink sales volume rising in Chile but falling in both Argentina and Brazil.
Sales volume are expected to rise 2% in Chile in the first quarter compared to the same period in 2001.
However the weak economy in Latin America will see volumes hit by a 20-21% decline in Argentina and 8% in Brazil in the same period.
These figures though are only estimates and Andina said the full results for the first quarter would be published in May.
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO