SOUTH AFRICA: Analysts question Miller price tag
Deeper analysis of South African Breweries' possible acquisition of Miller Brewing has raised doubts about the asking price of the US brewer according to a new report by SG Securities. A comprehensive 20-page report by analyst, James Williamson, who tracks the African brewer closely, said after an initial positive response to the possible deal, his company "would be more comfortable if SAB were to acquire Miller Brewing for US $4.5 billion", rather than the reported proposed price of US $5 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Coca-Cola Life US launch fails to ignite
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks