Update - UK: Analysts lower Britvic FY forecast on Q1 sales
The analysts expect Britvic to deliver “double-digit EPS growth” over the next three years
Panmure Gordon analysts have cut their full-year profits target for Britvic, on the back of sales declines in the firm's UK stills division and in Ireland.
This morning (25 January), Britvic recorded an increase in first-quarter sales, driven by a strong gain in market share for the Pepsi brand in the UK. However, the Tango producer, which also bottles PepsiCo's drinks brands in the UK and Ireland, reported a 10% drop in sales in its Irish market and a 1.7% decline in its UK stills unit.
"The ongoing weak consumer environment resulted in further deteriorations in GB stills and Ireland," the analysts said. "Given the negative mix effect of GB stills and a weaker Irish performance we are reducing our profit-before-tax forecasts by GBP4m (US$6.2m) to GBP116m (at the lower end) and by GBP6m to GBP131m (at the top end)," the analysts added.
However, they said: "The shares continue to trade at a significant discount to its peer group and we reiterate our 'buy' recommendation."
The analysts said they expect Britvic to deliver "double-digit EPS growth on average" over the next three years.
Britvic's share price climbed by 2.9% to 345.70 pence at 1154 GMT today.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo says progress is surprisingly slow in the soft drinks market's flavour mix, as cola and orange continue to dominate ...
Richard Corbett has some encouraging words for Britvic, and that's something the company will warmly welcome right now....
It was the week the cap didn't fit for Britvic. An award-winning leak-proof lid on bottles of its Robinsons Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro brands was supposed to mean no more school-bag spillag...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages