UK: Analyst warns of tough future for UK brewing
With the UK's FTSE 100 at a three year low, stocks in the UK's brewing companies may not be the safe haven they are traditionally thought as, an analyst statement said this week. Equity analysts WestLB Panmure warned that while UK brewing demand fell 3.7% on a moving annual total at the year end June 2001, spirits volumes grew 2% and wine saw a jump of 8%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks