US: Analyst tips Anheuser-Busch InBev as a good bet
Chad Brand, head of Peridot Capital Management, said this week that Anhseuser-Busch InBev represented a "potentially attractive bargain pick" in 2009.
Writing in Business Week's 2009 Investment Outlook issue and also on the financial website SeekingAlpha, Brand expressed confidence in the new super brewer's ability to pay back loans raised by InBev to fund the US$52bn deal.
He added that: "Beer sales worldwide are not going to be dramatically affected by the global recession and lower commodity prices could even help boost margins as input costs decline."
Brand said that, providing the brewer could achieve its projected cost savings, annual operating profit could reach EUR8bn.
Peridot held long shares in A-B InBev at the time of writing.
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has denied reports that it is looking into ways to consolidate its network of beer distributors in the US....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on speculation that it has received a bid for its Central and Eastern European operations....
Asahi Breweries is to shift focus from sales marketing and production of domestic brand beer in China from Yantai beer to support the Tsingtao beer brand....
United Wineries has expanded its UK team with two appointments....
See the top ten news stories published by just-drinks this week....
No fewer than five private equity firms have expressed interest in acquiring brewing assets held by Anheuser-Busch InBev in Central and Eastern Europe, according to a fresh report....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has submitted details of its GBP750m (US$1.2bn) bond, launched to help pay for InBev's acquisition of A-B, to UK stock exchange authorities....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018