TURKEY: Anadolu Efes rebrands beer portfolio
The new Efes packaging, designed to give the brand a contemporary look
Anadolu Efes has given a new “contemporary” look to its beer portfolio.
The updated branding, created by the agency Interbrand, features a new Efes emblem designed to convey the Efes beer's “heritage and quality”. The new design is included on the company’s entire beer range - Efes Pilsen, Efes Light, Efes Dark, Efes Extra - on shelves in Turkey now, and also point-of-sale materials.
Efes Pilsen is Turkey’s biggest selling beer brand, according to the company, and is sold in 80 countries globally, where it is known as Efes Pilsener. The new branding will also feature on exports from the new year.
“The new brand experience captures our spirit of union and it will continue to be part of many more stories to come," said Görkem Özer, MD of Efes Turkey. "We are now well positioned for ongoing success in Turkey and beyond.”
Michael Benson, Interbrand's regional director, said: "The new, more dynamic brand identity also reinforces the brewing heritage of Efes and will strengthen trust and therefore loyalty among its millions of consumers.”
Last week, Anadolu Efes reported a drop in nine-month profits, as the firm struggled in its domestic market and Russia.
Business Monitor International's Turkey Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research