TURKEY: Anadolu Efes rebrands beer portfolio
The new Efes packaging, designed to give the brand a contemporary look
Anadolu Efes has given a new “contemporary” look to its beer portfolio.
The updated branding, created by the agency Interbrand, features a new Efes emblem designed to convey the Efes beer's “heritage and quality”. The new design is included on the company’s entire beer range - Efes Pilsen, Efes Light, Efes Dark, Efes Extra - on shelves in Turkey now, and also point-of-sale materials.
Efes Pilsen is Turkey’s biggest selling beer brand, according to the company, and is sold in 80 countries globally, where it is known as Efes Pilsener. The new branding will also feature on exports from the new year.
“The new brand experience captures our spirit of union and it will continue to be part of many more stories to come," said Görkem Özer, MD of Efes Turkey. "We are now well positioned for ongoing success in Turkey and beyond.”
Michael Benson, Interbrand's regional director, said: "The new, more dynamic brand identity also reinforces the brewing heritage of Efes and will strengthen trust and therefore loyalty among its millions of consumers.”
Last week, Anadolu Efes reported a drop in nine-month profits, as the firm struggled in its domestic market and Russia.
Business Monitor International's Turkey Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights