TURKEY: Anadolu Efes acquires Tekel Birasi from Mey Icki
Turkey-based brewer Anadolu Efes Biracilik has acquired the Tekel Birasi beer brand from Mey Icki.
The company said today (20 August) that it has paid YTL4.5m (US$3.78m) for the brand.
Mey Icki acquired Tekel Birasi in 2004 but stopped production two years ago.
The acquisition is subject to approval from the Competition Board and the registration of the brand by the Turkish Patent Institute.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World