UK: Amstel unveils Champions League campaign
Heineken is to launch its first-ever advertising campaign created for the UK market for its Amstel brand.
Amstel will launch a new TV campaign to be broadcast during UEFA Champions League matches from 25 November 2003. The campaign marks the first anniversary of Amstel's launch of draught in the country.
The ads portray Amsterdam as the European capital of cool. They will be broadcast to an estimated TV match audience of 8m people through the ITV and Sky channels.
Simon Green, senior brand manager for Amstel at Heineken UK, said: "The spirit of Amstel is all about enjoyment of good quality beer in a hip atmosphere. We celebrate our first anniversary with a real sense of achievement. We are now located in stylish bars and pubs in towns and cities and continue to build on our presence across the country."
Amstel has also launched a new website dedicated to the UK market at www.amstelbier.co.uk, where drinkers can find listings of bars and pubs stocking Amstel and keep up to date with the latest UEFA Champions League match schedule and scores.
In 2004, Amstel and UEFA will celebrate their tenth anniversary of association. Amstel, is Europe's biggest selling standard beer and is named after the river that runs through the heart of Amsterdam.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future