US: Amstel Light unveils Thanksgiving campaign
Beer brand Amstel Light is planning to get interactive with consumers in the US by offering them rebates and recipe ideas for Thanksgiving celebrations.
Shoppers who buy turkey or flowers alongside 12-packs of Amstel Light will receive Thanksgiving recipes and a mail-in rebate, effectively a discount.
Kheri Holland Tillman, VP of marketing for Amstel Light, said: "Most consumers are looking for simple, quality solutions to make their planning and preparations hassle-free.
"Turkey, of course, and flowers are among the biggest sellers, so our programme offers consumers an easy way to save money on these items, while helping our retail partners increase their Amstel Light sales and their bottom line during the biggest imported beer selling season of the year."
The promotion will be known as "Your Holiday, Your Twist".
Amstel is owned by Heineken, which began importing the beer brand to the US in 1982.
Both Heineken and Carlsberg this week said that they would focus on cost savings in 2009, as international beer markets struggle in the face the economic downturn. Michelle Russell looks at how both b...
Heineken subsidiary Scottish & Newcastle UK allowed volumes of Foster's beer to slide in 2008 because the group refused to take part in deep discounting on lager brands by multiple retailers, just-dri...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Dutch brewer Heineken has reported a 74% drop in net profit for 2008, hit by charges relating to lower-than-expected performances across its new beer businesses....
Heineken has confirmed the appointment of a new group HR director. Michael O'Hare, who will join the brewer from PepsiCo International, is set to assume the position on 4 May, Heineken said today (16 ...
Asia Pacific Breweries has posted a healthy start to its financial year, despite ongoing struggles in China....
Nantong Fuhao Alcohol Industry (NAC) has requested to delay the completion of its purchase of Heineken-APB China's stake in joint venture Jiangsu DaFuHao Breweries in China....
Heineken has created a national account team in the US, dedicated to the country's on-trade....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends