GLOBAL: Amorim, O-I launch screw-top cork closure
Click through to view the new Helix closure from Amorim and O-I
Portuguese cork producer Amorim has teamed up with US-headquartered O-I to launch a screw-top cork packaging concept for the wine industry.
The closure, entitled Helix, was unveiled at the VinExpo wine trade exhibition in Bordeaux earlier today (17 June). The concept will target the “popular, premium fast turnaround still wine segment”, Amorim said, and is the result of a four-year partnership between the two firms.
The cork has a screw-top groove, while the bottle has an internal thread. It can be “quickly and easily implemented” by wineries with “only a minor adjustment” to the existing filling lines, Amorim added.
“Helix meets consumers’ growing desire for sustainability and quality, while delivering the brand building and premium image packaging wineries rely upon," said Antonio Amorim, chairman & CEO of Amorim. “We are delighted to offer the market not only a 100% renewable, modern product, but also a solution that enhances the wine drinking experience through opening and resealing convenience.”
The new closure can be seen by clicking through on the image on the right.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015