USA: American Master Sommelier Frederick L. Dame Elected President of the Court of Master Sommeliers
Dame was the first American to successfully pass all three parts of the Master Sommelier Diploma Exam in a single year back in 1984. This feat and his high score won him the coveted Champagne Krug Cup of the Court of Masters of The British Guild of Sommeliers. Dame played a pivotal role in the formation of the American Chapter of the Court of Master Sommeliers in 1986 and has played an active role in the expansion of the Master Sommelier program throughout America since that time.
"It is a great honor to be elected to this position and to be recognized for all of the hard work done in the United States," said Dame. "I look at this as a great opportunity to integrate the knowledge and excitement that Court of Master Sommeliers has to offer to the service industry in the U.K., Germany and the U.S."
The American Chapter of the Court of Master Sommeliers is also pleased to announce the results their elections. Evan Goldstein, M.S. will retain the position of Chairman for a second three-year term. Robert Bath, M.S. and Tim Gaiser, M.S. were elected to the position of Vice-Chairmen. The new scholarship Chairman for the American Chapter is Sally Mohr, M.S.
The Court of Master Sommeliers was established in England in 1977 to encourage improved standards of beverage service knowledge in restaurants and hotels. The title Master Sommelier marks the highest recognition of wine, liquor, and beverage service abilities and professionalism in the hospitality trade worldwide. Education was then, and remains today, the Court's charter.
To learn more about the Court of Master Sommeliers, please call or write:
The Court of Master Sommeliers, American Chapter
1200 Jefferson Street
Napa, CA 94559
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller