AUSTRALIA: Amcor posts strong growth
The Australian packaging group Amcor has seen its nine-month profits before interest, tax and goodwill amortization increase 38%, boosted by the acquisition last year of Schmalbach-Lubeca and despite sluggish European and US economies.
Last year's A$2.9 billion acquisition of Germany's Schmalbach-Lubeca transformed Amcor into a dominant producer of PET. Meanwhile the slowing US drinks market doesn't seemed to have affected Amcor which posted a 25% PET volume growth in the US, helped by strong sales in bottled water.
Specific figures for the nine-month period were not disclosed, but the company hinted that annual earnings growth could be even higher than the nine-month increase as drinks producers stock up for the busy Northern summer.
However, the analyst said the update is unlikely to prompt brokers to alter their profit forecast for Amcor for the fiscal year ending June 30, currently around A$370 million to A$380 million. This compares with 2001-02 earnings of A$280.5 million.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Kirin Beverage Corp. has changed its forecast for the six-month period to 30 June....
Coca-Cola has announced the launch of its newly-named Aquabona mineral water in Spain....
Minute Maid 100% Pure Squeezed Juices, newly created by Coca-Cola Great Britain especially for British consumers, go on sale nationally this week as the first major launch under the Minute Maid brand....
Coca Cola is planning to invest €20m in a new production line at its plant at Socx near Dunkirk in northern France....
Cott Corporation's US subsidiary has begun shipping from its new manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas....
Efes Breweries has posted its consolidated financial results for the quarter to 31 March 2005....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020