USA: Ambrosiawine.com Wins Web Business 50/50 Award for Online Excellence
A panel of nineteen CIO magazine editors, writers, art designers and Web development experts reviewed more than 500 nominated Internet sites. According to Megan Santosus, CIO Senior Editor, "It is clear from this year's winners the Internet is no longer an experiment. With dedicated staff, financial resources and executive talent, winners are sending a loud message: The Internet, as an important business medium, is here to stay."
"The Ambrosiawine.com site is a reflection of the quality, selective inventory and ease-of-use customers have come to expect from the Ambrosia catalogue," said Lesley Berglund, CEO of Winetasting.com, the parent company of Ambrosiawine.com.
Berglund added, "We are honored to have received this award, because it acknowledges not only the design and technology of the site but is an evaluation of how well the site delivers on company objectives." The award is listed as Vintage Directions, the former company name of Winetasting.com.
CIO magazine is published by CXO Media, Inc. (formerly CIO Communications, Inc.). CXO Media is an executive reach company, serving CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, COOs and other corporate officers who use technology to thrive and prosper in this new era of business. The company strives to enhance partnerships between CIOs and CXOs, as well as create opportunities for IT and consumer marketers to reach them. In addition to publishing CIO magazine, CXO Media produces Darwin magazine, the www.cio.com and www.darwinmagazine.com web sites, as well as CIO and Darwin Executive Programs, a series of conferences that provide educational and networking opportunities for corporate and government leaders.
CXO Media, Inc. is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading IT media, research and exposition company. IDG publishes more than 300 computer magazines and newspapers and 4,000 book titles and offers online users the largest network of technology-specific sites around the world through IDG.net, which comprises more than 270 targeted Web sites in 70 countries. IDG is also a leading producer of 168 computer-related expositions worldwide, and provides IT market analysis through 50 offices in 43 countries worldwide. Company information is available at http://www.idg.com.
WWW.Winetasting.com lead financing is provided by William R. Hambrecht, chairman of WR Hambrecht + Co (www.wrhambrecht.com) and is an outgrowth of Napa-based leading direct marketer Ambrosia. Founded in 1991, the company Winetasting.com now reaches over one million wine and food enthusiasts per year through its Ambrosia wine merchant activities and the Winetasting.com online winery cooperative.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research