POLAND: Ambra gains control of Czech group - report
Polish wine producer and distributor Ambra has reportedly gained full control of the Czech Republic's Soare Sekt.
Ambra paid PLN8.6m (US$2.7m) for the remaining 40% stake in Soare Sekt, the second-largest wine group in the Czech Republic, according to agency reports in Poland.
The report said that Ambra had moved to take full control of Soare Sekt as wine consumption in the Czech Republic is double the rate in Poland.
Ambra, which also has a presence in Slovakia and Romania, is the leading producer of sparkling wines, table wines, vermouth, cocktails and non-alcoholic sparkling juices in Poland and Eastern Europe.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer