BRAZIL: AmBev voting shares leap after deal sealed
Voting shares in AmBev leapt more than 8% yesterday following the announcement of the brewer's merger with Interbrew. Despite confusion surrounding the actual details of the transaction, AmBev's ordinary, or voting, shares rose by 8.05% at 940 reais once the deal was confirmed.
The Brazilian brewer's preferred shares, which are more liquid but do not carry voting rights, fell by as much as 12.86%, however, to 664 reais.
Speaking after the two companies announced the agreement, in which Belgium's Interbrew will buy a controlling stake in AmBev, equity strategist Marcelo Mesquita told reporters: "At first glance, (the deal) seems positive because there will be increased synergies and gains of scale.
"There's also going to be money up front for AmBev, but just how much and how soon is not clear yet," he added.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
The Brazilian brewer AmBev, now part of the InBev empire, said yesterday that its first quarter net income had fallen 52.7% to R$144.2m....
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends