BRAZIL: AmBev ups stake in Quinsa
InBev's Brazilian unit AmBev has upped its stake in Argentina's largest brewery, Quinsa.
AmBev said today (13 April) that it had paid Beverages Associates Corp. around US$1.2bn to buy its stake in Quinsa, which dominates beer markets in Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay and has a position in Chile.
The deal takes AmBev's interest in Quinsa from 56.7% to 91.2%. The agreement marked the last stage of a deal signed in 2002 when AmBev acquired an initial stake in Quinsa.
AmBev said: "AmBev expects the transaction to increase synergies between the operations of Quinsa and AmBev throughout the Southern Cone. The transaction reflects AmBev's commitment to market growth in Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia and Chile."
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
InBev is close to concluding its deal to outsource its IT systems, a report said today....
InBev has high hopes for the Chinese beer market, the brewer's chairman said today (9 June)....
InBev is poised to acquire Tinkoff in Russia, according to local reports....
Global brewing force, InBev, has announced that it has reached an agreement with UK-based brewing group, Scottish & Newcastle (S&N), which will give it back the UK distribution rights for Beck's, for ...
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future