BRAZIL: AmBev to inject US$140m into brewery expansion
AmBev wants to expand its Lages brewery
AmBev, Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian subsidiary, is to invest US$140m in its Lages brewery in the south of Brazil.
The investment will equip the plant with a production line for returnable 30cl bottles and increase staff numbers from 500 to 600, AmBev said. The subsidiary signed a letter of intent for the investment with local authorities on 19 July.
The brewery supplies three distribution centres in Santa Catarina state, where last year AmBev sold 468m litres, the Brahma brewer said. The centres also supply southern Brazilian states Parana and Rio Grande do Sul.
AmBev's southern regional director, Andrew Stolf, described Santa Catarina as a “strategic state for AmBev”.
In March, AmBev promised to maintain a presence in Venezuela despite the closure of a brewery in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in....
Less than a year after the alarm bells started, it would appear that the beer market in Brazil is poised to turn a corner in 2014, with hopes being pinned on this Summer's FIFA World Cup soccer tourna...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends