BRAZIL: AmBev to inject US$140m into brewery expansion
AmBev wants to expand its Lages brewery
AmBev, Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian subsidiary, is to invest US$140m in its Lages brewery in the south of Brazil.
The investment will equip the plant with a production line for returnable 30cl bottles and increase staff numbers from 500 to 600, AmBev said. The subsidiary signed a letter of intent for the investment with local authorities on 19 July.
The brewery supplies three distribution centres in Santa Catarina state, where last year AmBev sold 468m litres, the Brahma brewer said. The centres also supply southern Brazilian states Parana and Rio Grande do Sul.
AmBev's southern regional director, Andrew Stolf, described Santa Catarina as a “strategic state for AmBev”.
In March, AmBev promised to maintain a presence in Venezuela despite the closure of a brewery in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in....
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Less than a year after the alarm bells started, it would appear that the beer market in Brazil is poised to turn a corner in 2014, with hopes being pinned on this Summer's FIFA World Cup soccer tourna...
Business Monitor International's United States Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regula...
AB InBev France SAS is strongly positioned in speciality, abbey-style dark beer in France and it is expected to maintain its stronghold in this category through innovation, continuing to launch new sp...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research