BRAZIL: AmBev to inject US$140m into brewery expansion
AmBev wants to expand its Lages brewery
AmBev, Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian subsidiary, is to invest US$140m in its Lages brewery in the south of Brazil.
The investment will equip the plant with a production line for returnable 30cl bottles and increase staff numbers from 500 to 600, AmBev said. The subsidiary signed a letter of intent for the investment with local authorities on 19 July.
The brewery supplies three distribution centres in Santa Catarina state, where last year AmBev sold 468m litres, the Brahma brewer said. The centres also supply southern Brazilian states Parana and Rio Grande do Sul.
AmBev's southern regional director, Andrew Stolf, described Santa Catarina as a “strategic state for AmBev”.
In March, AmBev promised to maintain a presence in Venezuela despite the closure of a brewery in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Business Monitor International's United States Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regula...
Less than a year after the alarm bells started, it would appear that the beer market in Brazil is poised to turn a corner in 2014, with hopes being pinned on this Summer's FIFA World Cup soccer tourna...
AB InBev France SAS is strongly positioned in speciality, abbey-style dark beer in France and it is expected to maintain its stronghold in this category through innovation, continuing to launch new sp...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research