BRAZIL: AmBev to inject US$140m into brewery expansion
AmBev wants to expand its Lages brewery
AmBev, Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian subsidiary, is to invest US$140m in its Lages brewery in the south of Brazil.
The investment will equip the plant with a production line for returnable 30cl bottles and increase staff numbers from 500 to 600, AmBev said. The subsidiary signed a letter of intent for the investment with local authorities on 19 July.
The brewery supplies three distribution centres in Santa Catarina state, where last year AmBev sold 468m litres, the Brahma brewer said. The centres also supply southern Brazilian states Parana and Rio Grande do Sul.
AmBev's southern regional director, Andrew Stolf, described Santa Catarina as a “strategic state for AmBev”.
In March, AmBev promised to maintain a presence in Venezuela despite the closure of a brewery in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Business Monitor International's United States Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regula...
Less than a year after the alarm bells started, it would appear that the beer market in Brazil is poised to turn a corner in 2014, with hopes being pinned on this Summer's FIFA World Cup soccer tourna...
AB InBev France SAS is strongly positioned in speciality, abbey-style dark beer in France and it is expected to maintain its stronghold in this category through innovation, continuing to launch new sp...
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research