BRAZIL: AmBev to form alliance with CabCorp
The joint venture distribution company will distribute AmBev's beer brands in Central America and the Caribbean which remain undeveloped markets for the Brazilian company. CabCorp operates in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua.
"The new company will strengthen CabCorp in the competitive Central American drinks market and provide AmBev a quick and low risk way in to the beer industry of the region," AmBev said. AmBev already has strong links with PepsiCo. It bottles and distributes Pepsi beverage brands in Brazil while PepsiCo has agreed to market the Brazilian company's soft drinks brand, Guarana, globally.
The formation of the alliance with CabCorp will see AmBev further strengthen its position in the Latin American drinks market. In addition to holding around two thirds of the Brazilian beer market, the company, the world's fifth largest beer group, also owns breweries in Uruguay, Paraguay and Venezuela. If the company's pending deal with Quilmes is approved, AmBev will also have a sizeable presence in Argentina.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends