BRAZIL: AmBev & Schincariol at loggerheads again
Another row has broken out between AmBev and Schincariol, according to press reports, this time over product endorsement.
After advertising Schincariol's NovaSchin brand, the popular Brazilian singer Zeca Pagodinho has defected to AmBev and now endorses its Brahma brand, Business Latin America reports.
The two brewers have been fighting a bitter war for market share in Brazil, even ending up in court. In November last year, AmBev filed a complaint with the civil court in Brazil after Schincariol ads showed a blindfolded taster choose its brew over a selection of AmBev brands. The court found in favour of AmBev and banned the advert.
According to the press agency, Schincariol says it will sue both the artist and Brahma's ad agency, Africa.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The international brewer InBev today announced the preliminary results of the mandatory tender offer launched on AmBev common shares in Brazil, which started on February 14, 2005 and ended on March 29...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review