BRAZIL: AmBev & Schincariol at loggerheads again
Another row has broken out between AmBev and Schincariol, according to press reports, this time over product endorsement.
After advertising Schincariol's NovaSchin brand, the popular Brazilian singer Zeca Pagodinho has defected to AmBev and now endorses its Brahma brand, Business Latin America reports.
The two brewers have been fighting a bitter war for market share in Brazil, even ending up in court. In November last year, AmBev filed a complaint with the civil court in Brazil after Schincariol ads showed a blindfolded taster choose its brew over a selection of AmBev brands. The court found in favour of AmBev and banned the advert.
According to the press agency, Schincariol says it will sue both the artist and Brahma's ad agency, Africa.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The international brewer InBev today announced the preliminary results of the mandatory tender offer launched on AmBev common shares in Brazil, which started on February 14, 2005 and ended on March 29...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends