BRAZIL: Ambev Q4 and year volumes on the rise
AmBev has today posted the volumes for its Q4 and full year 2004.
For the quarter, AmBev saw total volume of beer rise by a massive 25.8% to 26.9m hectolitres. Soft drinks volumes were also up, by 15.8% to 9.1m hectolitres for the three-month period. In Brazil, beer volumes rose by 14.3% to 18.4m hectolitres. In Hispanic Latin America, beer volumes were up by 8.3% to 5.7m hectolitres.
For the full year, total beer volumes increased by 13.8%, hitting 19.3m hectolitres. Soft drinks volumes increased by 19.8% in the year, to 29.5m hectolitres. In Hispanic Latin America, beer volumes soared by 24.1% to 17.9m hectolitres.
"The 14% volume growth in the Brazilian Beer operations fulfills AmBev's commitment to recover the market share lost in 2003, which was achieved at no expense to the company's benchmarking operating margins," AmBev said.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The pan-Latin American beer force AmBev has opened a new brewery in Peru....
AmBev has announced the sales volumes for the third quarter of this year....
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas or AmBev has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls out of LWF 2015
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research