BRAZIL: AmBev plant ups capacity - report
Brazilian brewer Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has completed a new bottling line to increase capacity at its Equatorial unit, according to reports.
The South American brewer, now part of the InBev group, told Dow Jones that the new line will produce 255,000 hectolitres per year in aluminium cans, representing about 17% of the bottling plant's total capacity.
AmBev's Equatorial unit, which reportedly bottled 1.5m hectolitres of beer last year, is based in Sao Luis, Maranhao, and serves the northern Brazilian states of Maranhao, Para and Piaui.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
InBev said yesterday that its General Shareholders Meeting of April 26, 2005 approved the annual accounts 2004, as well as the gross dividend of €0.39 proposed by the board of directors....
InBev, the world's largest brewer by volume, said it has achieved overall organic volume growth of 4.1% in the first quarter of 2005, to 47.3m hectolitres, despite tough conditions in the US and Weste...
InBev has sold its majority stake in Bosnia's Uniline brewery, according to local reports....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research