BRAZIL: AmBev picks up in domestic market
AmBev's market share continues to rise, according to recent figures. Data from AC Nielsen market consultancy shows that domestic market share for Brazil's number one brewer rose last month to 67% from 66.4% in the previous month.
Both Molson and Schincariol saw their share of the Brazilian market drop in September. Molson fell back from 10.7% in August to 10.3%, while Schincariol dipped to 12.6% from 13%, AC Nielsen said.
Of AmBev's brands, Skol held its market-leading position, rising form 30.4% in August to 31.6% last month, while Brahma held steady at 19.5%. Antarctica fell, however to 11% from 11.3% in August.
Nova Schin, Schincariol's flagship brand, rose in September to 11.1% from 9.7% in September last year.
Molson's main brand, Kaizer, dipped to 7.1% last month against 7.3% in August 2004, while Molson's other brand, Bavaria, fell by 0.1% to 2.4% last month, Nielsen noted.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
First quarter losses announced last week by Molson Coors are wider than originally reported, according to a recent filing....
Molson Coors Brewing Company disappointed investors yesterday by reporting a net loss for the first quarter of 2005. The company said that it had achieved higher consolidated net sales and sales volum...
Molson Coors Brewing Company said yesterday that Daniel J. O'Neill, Vice-chairman, synergies and integration and formerly president and CEO of Molson Inc, has chosen to leave the company May 31 of thi...
Molson Canada has announced it has acquired Ontario microbrewery Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd. Established in 1987, the brewery in Creemore, Ontario, 120 kilometres northwest of Toronto, employs 50 pe...
Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWS) has appointed a new vice president, category management and business intelligence....
Peter M. R. Kendall, chief executive officer of Coors Brewers Limited, the European business unit of Molson Coors Brewing Company, will retire from his post on 1 May....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits