BRAZIL: AmBev okays share buyback move
AmBev has approved plans to launch a one-year share buyback programme.
The Brazilian arm of InBev confirmed yesterday (6 February) that its board has given the green light to the programme to repurchase its outstanding shares.
The buyback is expected to expire at the end of January next year.
AmBev said it would ring-fence up to BRL1bn (US$481m) of its cash reserves for the programme. Around 3.6bn common and 16.4bn preferred shares remain outstanding.
The Boston Beer Company is to buy a brewery from Diageo in the US....
Quilmes Industrial has revealed a small drop in the number of shares in the company....
InBev has dismissed claims by the federation of Belgian drinks retailers that its pricing policy is unfair and distorts competition in the sector....
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa), the Luxembourg-based subsidiary of South American drinks combine AmBev, has said the filing of its 20-F form for 2006 will be delayed....
The Famous Grouse and Maxxium UK have both signed up Woo Communications as their global marketing communications agency....
InBev has confirmed reports that it is to release its Lowenbrau beer brand in the Indian market....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future