BRAZIL: AmBev mulls premium offensive - report
AmBev is mulling whether to launch three more premium beers onto the Brazilian market by the end of the year, according to local reports.
Brazil's leading brewer could launch the brands to further boost its presence in the country's premium beer category, where it leads with the Bohemia brand, local reports said yesterday (14 August).
Officials at AmBev could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Last week, AmBev posted a 12% year-on-year increase in second-quarter profits driven by rising sales in Brazil. The brewer posted a 17.3% climb in EBITDA from its operations in Brazil and saw volumes in the country rise by 4.4%.
A minority investor in Argentinian brewer Quinsa has complained to the company over plans by controlling shareholder AmBev to buy back the company's remaining shares....
Brazilian brewer Schincariol has appointed a new CEO....
AmBev has approved plans to launch a one-year share buyback programme....
Inbev has been given the green light to try to buy the remaining shares in Quinsa that it does not already own....
Brazil's number two brewer Schincariol has bought local craft brewer Baden Baden for an undisclosed sum....
The announcement late last night that Anheuser-Busch is to be InBev's exclusive distributor in the US looks like a great deal for the Europe-based brewer....
AmBev will have to remove its Puerto del Sol brand from retail shelves in Brazil after losing a court battle with Latin American rival Fomento Economico Mexicano SA (Femsa)....
AmBev is about to launch a share buyback programme....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Beam Suntory to invest US$1bn in Bourbon
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends