BRAZIL: Ambev increases stake in Astra
Brazilian drinks group, Ambev, has raised its stake in Sao Luis-based brewer, Cervejaria Astra Unidade Equatorial, from 73.13% to 93.61%. The group acquired the additional shares from the Ceara-based food group, J. Macedo, for R$104m. Meanwhile, Ambev remains embroiled in the controversy over its merger with the Argentinean brewing group, Quinsa, which has been challenged by Heineken. The Dutch group is already a minority shareholder in Quinsa and believes that it should have been given first refusal on increasing its stake. Heineken said on Friday that it would be prepared to buy 36% of the Argentine company if the deal with Ambev does not go through.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- English Gin Breaks Away From its Core Markets
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom