BRAZIL: Ambev increases stake in Astra
Brazilian drinks group, Ambev, has raised its stake in Sao Luis-based brewer, Cervejaria Astra Unidade Equatorial, from 73.13% to 93.61%. The group acquired the additional shares from the Ceara-based food group, J. Macedo, for R$104m. Meanwhile, Ambev remains embroiled in the controversy over its merger with the Argentinean brewing group, Quinsa, which has been challenged by Heineken. The Dutch group is already a minority shareholder in Quinsa and believes that it should have been given first refusal on increasing its stake. Heineken said on Friday that it would be prepared to buy 36% of the Argentine company if the deal with Ambev does not go through.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future