BRAZIL: Ambev increases stake in Astra
Brazilian drinks group, Ambev, has raised its stake in Sao Luis-based brewer, Cervejaria Astra Unidade Equatorial, from 73.13% to 93.61%. The group acquired the additional shares from the Ceara-based food group, J. Macedo, for R$104m. Meanwhile, Ambev remains embroiled in the controversy over its merger with the Argentinean brewing group, Quinsa, which has been challenged by Heineken. The Dutch group is already a minority shareholder in Quinsa and believes that it should have been given first refusal on increasing its stake. Heineken said on Friday that it would be prepared to buy 36% of the Argentine company if the deal with Ambev does not go through.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research