BRAZIL: AmBev in the dark over investigation
AmBev has said that it has no knowledge of an investigation into its marketing practices in Brazil, following a local report.
Brazilian competition officials have begun an investigation into alleged anticompetitive practices by AmBev, according to a report by Bloomberg today (18 December).
An AmBev spokesperson in Brazil told just-drinks that the beer firm has "not been notified" of any investigation, however.
AmBev is a division of global brewing giant Anheuser-Busch InBev and is the dominant brewer in Brazil.
Brick Brewing has agreed to change the label of its Red Baron beer, following a lawsuit filed against the firm by Labatt Brewing Co....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that major shareholder BRC Sarl is to sell a "very small fraction" of its stake in the brewer....
InBev India International is to control the operations of Budweiser beer in the country....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of its remaining 7% stake in Tsingtao Brewery to private Chinese investor Chen Fashu for US$235m....
Private equity group Kohl Kravis Roberts & Co has declined to comment on a report that it is looking to sell minority stakes in Oriental Brewery, which it agreed to buy from Anheuser-Busch InBev last ...
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co, the private equity group behind the purchase of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Oriental Brewery last month, has posted net losses of US$1.9bn for 2008....
Innovative Beverage Group (IBG) has entered into an agreement with Ludwig Distributing Company to bring the company's 'relaxation beverage' Drank to east-central Arkansas....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory