BELGIUM: AmBev extends Quinsa offer - again
AmBev has again extended the period of its offer to buy the remaining shares in Argentina-based brewer Quinsa.
Belgium-based brewing giant InBev, which owns AmBev, announced the extension of the offer yesterday (5 March). The further postponement - to 16 March - follows Ambev's announcement late last month that it was extending the initial deadline to 27 February.
The offer has been made through Beverage Associates Holding, a Bahamian corporation and wholly-owned subsidiary of AmBev.
AmBev already owns around 97% of the voting interests and around 91% of the economic interests in Quinsa.
Earlier this month, a minority investor in Quinsa complained to the company over AmBev's plans to acquire the shares. Private equity firm Duma Capital Partners said that it was not satisfied with the handling of AmBev's offer to outstanding shareholders.
The global market for premium beer is set for further strong growth over the coming six years, according to a recent report published by just-drinks, but there will be marked variations in the growth ...
InBev has reported a strong showing in its second quarter, despite "challenging conditions" in both the UK and US....
Beer appears to be the alcoholic drink of choice in the developing BRIC markets, according to a series of recent reports....
InBev has remained silent on speculation that it may look to buy Budejovicky Budvar in the Czech republic....
InBev has stayed silent on recent media speculation that Raja Mukerji will join its joint venture with RJ Corp in India....
The board of Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (Ambev) has approved a share buyback program....
Quinsa has posted a strong set of figures for the first half of this year....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a strong second quarter with consolidated EBITDA reaching BRL1.848bn (US$958m), a rise of 16.5% on the back of another solid performance by it Br...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research