BRAZIL: AmBev delays share merger
AmBev faces a delay over its stock merger
Plans by Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian unit, AmBev, to merge its two classes of shares into a single stock have been delayed by around two months.
The division announced the move late last year in a bid to cut administrative costs and boost its liquidity. Shareholders approved the plan in July this year and trading of the single stock shares should have commenced last week.
However, in a filing on 29 August, AmBev said that trading of the shares would not commence until “on or about 14 November”. The delay, the brewer said, is due to the “process” of registering the new entity, Newbev, with the Brazilian Securities Commission.
In a note, analysts at JP Morgan said "the potential tax benefits of the merger may also be delayed and/or dividend announcements". However, the analysts still recommended the stock to investors as beer consumption in Brazil is expected to "rebound" in 2014.
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review