BRAZIL: Ambev confirms new Brazilian plant plans
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has confirmed that it is seeking to build a new plant in north Brazil.
Speaking to just-drinks today (9 October) a spokesperson for the Brazilian brewer declared that, while the company is mulling which northern state to build the facility in, it was hoping to capitalise on growing demand in the region. The spokesperson declined to give further details, or a timescale for a decision.
The spokesperson said: "We are indeed looking to open a new plant, but we are still considering where in north Brazil that will be."
In August, AmBev reported a strong second quarter with consolidated EBITDA reaching BRL1.848bn (US$958m), a rise of 16.5% on the back of another solid performance by it Brazilian division. Net revenue reached BRL4.5bn, up 12.1%, the company said.
The InBev-owned Latin American brewer said that its subsidiary Qunisa - as well as its Canadian operations - performed well, with EBITDA up 23.5% and 12.9% respectively.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
InBev has lined up yet more redundancies in the UK, this time at its brewery in Wales....
InBev is in consultation with employees and the GMB union in the UK over proposed job losses of up to 166 employess in the country....
InBev has nominated an additional director to its board....
Inbev UK is bringing its sponsorship of the Artois Grass Court Championship tournament to an end....
Constellation has warned that the recent hike in duty on wine in the UK could mark the end of the GBP3.99 (US$8.12) a bottle price point in the country....
The Czech government has selected a law firm to handle Budejovicky Budvar's switch from state-owned brewer to a joint-stock company, according to local reports....
InBev has released information about last year's salary for its boss as part of the brewer's corporate governance....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages