BRAZIL: AmBev claws back share to drive volumes
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, or AmBev, has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes.
The Brazilian-based brewer saw it beer volumes for the quarter reach 20,754,000hl. Volumes for the total first half of the year are now 43,108,000 a jump of 10.3% on the first half 2004.
The company's soft drink division also turned in a strong quarter and half performance. Second quarter volumes totalled 6,938,000hl, up 9.6%, and 14,652,000 hl, up 8.3% for the forst half.
On its domestic market, AmBev report a 14.3% leap in second quarter beer sales to 13,889,000hl.
"The 14.3% growth in the Brazil Beer operations reflects AmBev's consistent market share recovery since December 2003, and a 9.6% growth in the Brazilian beer market in the 2Q05, according to ACNielsen. AmBev's beer market share in Brazil during the 2Q05 was 68.2% and as of June 2005 it was 67.9%," the company said in a statement.
Soft drink sales at home reached 4,500,000 hl up 10.1% for the quarter and 9,255,000hl, up 6.1% for the half.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The Latin American brewing force AmBev, part of the InBev group, has reported a threefold rise in third-quarter net earnings to BRL399m (US$178m), against BRL131.7m in the third quarter of 2004, well ...
The pan-Latin American beer force AmBev has opened a new brewery in Peru....
AmBev has announced the sales volumes for the third quarter of this year....
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends