BRAZIL: Research - Brazilian drinks: AmBev bubbling up with the beer
Despite the weakness of the Brazilian economy, the drinks market is going strong. Beer and soft drinks manufacturer, AmBev, posted a Q3 net profit of $92 million and still seems to have a solid cash flow. It looks like this is going to continue, with the volume of beer drunk in Brazil set to near nine billion liters by 2005. With nearly 70% of the Brazilian beer market in its grasp, AmBev is in the best seat to benefit.
Brazilian drinks market (billion liters), by category, 2001-05
Source: Datamonitor, 2001
(c) 2001 Datamonitor. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without prior written consent. Datamonitor shall not be liable for errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The pan-Latin American beer force AmBev has opened a new brewery in Peru....
AmBev has announced the sales volumes for the third quarter of this year....
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas or AmBev has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World