BRAZIL: Ambev boosts lead market position in beer
Companhia de Bebidas das Américas (AmBev), Brazil's largest brewer, has boosted its leading position in the domestic beer market, according to data from Nielsen.
Brazilian daily O Estado de S. Paulo, reported that in May, AmBev's market share was 67.5%, up 0.4 of a percentage point from the previous month.
However, Mexico's Femsa, which sells Kaiser and Sol in Brazil, lost ground last month, with its share declining to 7.8%, from 8.2% in April.
O Estado reported that Cervejaria Petrópolis, which owns the Itaipava and Crystal brands, saw its share jump a full percentage point, to 9.1%.
Each point in Brazil is equal to R$100m (US$61m) in sales.
Cervejaria Schincariol remains in second place, with a 12% share. Schincariol, however, still hasn't incorporated the 0.8 of a point held by Cintra, which it acquired in early May.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up a rights issue to help fund the newly-named company's recent acquisition of Anheuser-Busch....
The final hurdles blocking InBev's acquisition of Anheuser-Busch have been cleared ahead of the deal completion yesterday (18 November)....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for the third quarter of this year....
Fomento Económico Mexicano (FEMSA) this week reported a fall in third-quarter net income as foreign exchange rates negatively hit the growth made in operating profits....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research