BRAZIL: AmBev Announces the Completion of the Combination of Brahma and Antarctica
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, AmBev, today announced that the final legal step in the combination of Companhia Cervejaria Brahma and Companhia Antarctica Paulista - Industria Brasileira de Bebidas e Conexos has been completed. At meetings of AmBev's and Brahma's shareholders held yesterday, the exchange of all outstanding shares of Brahma for shares of AmBev was approved and, therefore, Brahma has become a wholly owned subsidiary of AmBev. Antarctica became a wholly owned AmBev subsidiary in September 1999.AmBev's American depositary shares began trading on the New York Stock Exchange today. Shares of AmBev have been traded on the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange since September 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research