BRAZIL: AmBev Announces the Completion of the Combination of Brahma and Antarctica
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, AmBev, today announced that the final legal step in the combination of Companhia Cervejaria Brahma and Companhia Antarctica Paulista - Industria Brasileira de Bebidas e Conexos has been completed. At meetings of AmBev's and Brahma's shareholders held yesterday, the exchange of all outstanding shares of Brahma for shares of AmBev was approved and, therefore, Brahma has become a wholly owned subsidiary of AmBev. Antarctica became a wholly owned AmBev subsidiary in September 1999.AmBev's American depositary shares began trading on the New York Stock Exchange today. Shares of AmBev have been traded on the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange since September 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads