BRAZIL: AmBev Announces Stock Split
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas -- AmBev today announced that it has called a meeting of its shareholders for October 20, 2000, to approve a five-for-one stock split of both its common shares and its preferred shares.Consequently, following the stock split, AmBev expects that its shares will trade at approximately one-fifth of the price at which they currently trade at Bolsa de Valores de Sao Paulo.On September 22, 2000, AmBev's shareholders approved a distribution of capital of R$11,9170 per lot of 1,000 common and preferred shares. That distribution will be paid following the stock split. As a result, the distribution of capital would then be R$2,3834 per lot of 1,000 common and preferred shares.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1