BRAZIL: AmBev Announces Stock Split
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas -- AmBev today announced that it has called a meeting of its shareholders for October 20, 2000, to approve a five-for-one stock split of both its common shares and its preferred shares.Consequently, following the stock split, AmBev expects that its shares will trade at approximately one-fifth of the price at which they currently trade at Bolsa de Valores de Sao Paulo.On September 22, 2000, AmBev's shareholders approved a distribution of capital of R$11,9170 per lot of 1,000 common and preferred shares. That distribution will be paid following the stock split. As a result, the distribution of capital would then be R$2,3834 per lot of 1,000 common and preferred shares.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report