BRAZIL: AmBev Announces Stock Split
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas -- AmBev today announced that it has called a meeting of its shareholders for October 20, 2000, to approve a five-for-one stock split of both its common shares and its preferred shares.Consequently, following the stock split, AmBev expects that its shares will trade at approximately one-fifth of the price at which they currently trade at Bolsa de Valores de Sao Paulo.On September 22, 2000, AmBev's shareholders approved a distribution of capital of R$11,9170 per lot of 1,000 common and preferred shares. That distribution will be paid following the stock split. As a result, the distribution of capital would then be R$2,3834 per lot of 1,000 common and preferred shares.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends