AUSTRALIA: Amatil posts 20% profit gain
The A$447.8m profit recorded by the Australasian Coke bottler in 2001 had been boosted by the sale of its Philippines operations but, excluding the sale, the 2001 comparable figure was A$171m.
Revenues from ongoing businesses at Amatil, which is 35%-owned by Coca-Cola, rose by 4.9% to A$3.4 billion, with volumes up 1.3%. EBIT margin was up 0.9% points at 12.3%. The company said it booked more than A$10m in savings last year.
In Australia, the company's core market which accounts for 75% of Amatil's earnings, the launch of new products such as Vanilla Coke and Diet Coke with Lemon helped to boost earnings which rose by almost 10% to A$317m on volumes 3.9% higher
Amatil also posted a 76% increase in EBIT from South Korea to A$62m, on the back of staff reductions and greater focus on supermarkets which reduced distribution costs. Although earnings from Indonesia fell by 46% to A$21.4m, Amatil's CEO, Terry Davis, was sanguine about the Indonesian market and said the company had no plans to sell its operations there.
Coca-Cola Amatil produced decent first-half results but speculation that it may sell some of its international operations and its determination to look beyond the core soft drinks sectors for growth i...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has refused to be drawn on the candidates to replace outgoing president and CEO John Alm....
Coca-Cola Amatil said yesterday (10 August) that it has agreed to purchase the business and assets of the Grinders Coffee Group (Grinders)....
Following a review of its operations, Coca-Cola Amatil has announced its intention to restructure its Asian business activities through the creation of an Asian Beverage Division (CCA Asia)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has seen its net profits increase 16.8% to A$145.2m in its first half, driven in part by growth of non-carbs and innovation, the company said today (10 August)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is poised to shake up its Indonesian and South Korean bottling operations, according to an investment bank....
Coca-Cola Amatil is to issue a five-year A$250m (US$192m) domestic debt issue....
SPC Ardmona has signed an agreement with parent company Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) to supply it with apple juice....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018